About MLALAD (SUHRID) scheme:
- The MLALAD fund has been supplemented by an additional Grant of Rs. 50. 00 Lakhs per Constituency to enable assistance by the MLA’s to the poor and needy citizens of their constituencies to meet the expenses incurred in the areas of Health and Higher Education.The MLA’s may forward the names of the selected beneficiaries to the concerned Deputy Commissioner of the District.
- One time financial assistance up to Rs.10, 000 per case may be granted to a patient as assistance for treatment of various critical diseases with the limit in exceptional cases up to Rs.20,000.
- One time financial assistance up to Rs.10, 000 per student may be granted to a student as assistance for higher/ Technical and Vocational Educational purposes with the limit in exceptional cases up to Rs.20,000.
- The intended beneficiary should neither be from the MLA’s family nor his /her relative, nor any Govt. employee or his /her dependent.
- The funds should be transferred to the A/C of the beneficiary by RTGS under Direct Benefit Transfer by the D.C. of the District concerned on receipt of the recommendation of the MLA.
- The names of beneficiaries should be uploaded in the District Website every month by the concerned DC along with details of the purpose.
- Only one beneficiary may be selected from a particular family in one financial year.
- Any benefit under the scheme should not be repeated to the same beneficiary in subsequent years.
- Utilisation Certificate should be submitted for the financial year concerned within 3(three) months of the close of the financial year.
- For the Year 2016-17 to 2018-19 ,total number of 4365 no. of beneficiaries benefitted and for Rs.4.50 crore have been sanctioned till September, 2018 from MLALAD(SUHRID) Scheme.